RE/MAX Rental Pros offers full service residential property management.
Our prompt and friendly service is delivered with the highest level of competence in conjunction with the
use of the most comprehensive property management software on the market today.
Property Management Services
Evaluate the property and establish rental rate
- Provide advice and/or recommendations on repairs and cosmetic improvements required or not; to optimize the return on your investment.
- Provide advice and/or recommendations to determine the optimal rental rate to secure the appropriate tenant to meet your risk tolerance and/or financial requirements.
- Discuss the pros and cons of the various lease options regarding pets, shared utilities, included items and the various laws and regulations governing those.
- Discuss expectations and the risks and rewards of being a Landlord and a Landlord’s legal responsibilities in a
Market the property
- Take advertising photos, virtual tours and floorplans.
- Advertise on our website (remaxrentalpros.com) Facebook Marketplace and other popular local advertising sites, as well as in house advertising.
- Pre-screening of each potential applicant prior to showing as each adult is required to complete an application prior to showing.
- Show the property to prospective applicants.
- Provide owners with organic feedback received during showings.
Tenant screening and selection
- Perform comprehensive background checks which include
- Current and previous landlord references.
- Current employment verification and/or verification of other sources of income provided.
- Personal reference(s) character references.
- Credit checks.
- In the event a pet is considered and included in an application, references are obtained on them as well from current/previous landlords and personal references.
- Once our homework has been completed, the owner will be provided with all the information on the applicant(s). We will offer our advice and recommendations to assist the owner with selection of the tenant and it is not until an owner is comfortable with the applicant(s) that we will move forward to sign up an applicant into a lease.
- We will inform all applicants if they are successful or unsuccessful
- Complete a thorough Tenancy Agreement and addenda (preparation of Form K for strata properties) and collect the security deposit at time of lease signing.
- The first month’s rent is due at occupancy / a pet deposit (if applicable) would also be due at occupancy.
- Review material terms of the tenancy agreement with the tenant to establish tenancy expectations.
- Ensure all agreements have been properly executed.
- Confirm a move in date and time.
- Perform detailed move in inspection with tenant(s) providing an electronic report to the tenant and owner (including still and 360 photos).
- Maintain good tenant/owner relations through frequent communications and online access.
- Receive rent on behalf of the owners and take immediate action on delinquent payments. This includes the preparation and posting of 10-day notices for late payment of rent and/or utilities, and continuous direct communication with the owner.
- Bill and collect utility payments from tenants for shared properties.
- Co-ordinate maintenance and repairs with reputable contractors.
- Co-ordinate maintenance and repairs with an owner’s preferred contractors, provided they have Worksafe.
- Ongoing property preventative maintenance as predefined with the owner. IE arranging for the annual inspection of smoke detectors in accordance with the residential tenancy policy guideline #1. Landlord & Tenant – Responsibility for Residential Premises.
- Perform periodic inspections at pre-determined intervals, noting any required repairs, safety hazards, lease violations, etc. Two periodic inspections per year are included in our management agreement.
- Provide copies of all periodic inspections to the owner.
- A Property Manager will be available for emergency calls from tenants 24 hours a day / 7 days a week.
- Completion and delivery of annual rent increases in accordance with the Residential Tenancy Act and owner’s instruction.
- If a dispute resolution (tenancy arbitration) is required or commenced, our time to prepare for and attend is included in our management fee.
At the end of a tenancy, we will
- Perform detailed move out inspection (with 360 photos) with tenant(s) and provide a detailed report to the tenant and owner.
- Note any damage and assess or obtain quotes as to the cost of repairs and reach a settlement with the tenant.
- Return the balance of the security deposit to the tenant on the owner’s behalf.
- Arrange and supervise the completion of any required cleaning, repairs, etc. for subsequent tenancy.
- Secure electronic banking and payment to owners.
- Provide 24/7 online access to easy to read statements, balance sheets, income statements, and cash flow statements with electronic access available 24/7.
- ALL monies are held in Pooled Trust Account in accordance with the Real Estate Services Act and Regulations; and audited by BC Financial Services Authority.
- Every owner is set up with a Private Online Portal giving access to property financials, contracts, maintenance requests, outstanding issues, copies of invoices etc.
- The online Resident Center for tenants has other features in addition to paying rent such as the ability to report maintenance issues and ask tenancy related questions.
- There is also an online maintenance system enabling us to send work orders directly to vendors, informing owners of ongoing repairs and maintenance, capturing a detailed history and timeline of work required and or performed on your property.